Homes within School District of Torrey Pines High
Luxurious homes in San Diego is more than a grandiose house but more of a safe haven where one can live a balanced lifestyle in a peaceful community. How well can you live in a place counts most in finding a dream home. Another thing that matters in a community is the kind of schools located nearby. Homes within the school district of Torrey Pines High is what one should aim for if quality education for kids is the top priority.
Torrey Pines High School is located in the coastal community of Northern San Diego, California. It was named after the Torrey pine trees that grow in the fields. It is a member of the San Dieguito Union High School District.
There are four high schools in the district and Torrey Pines is one of them, the others are La Costa Canyon High School, Canyon Crest Academy and San Dieguito Academy. If you are looking for homes within the school district of Torrey Pines High, you should check out these communities in San Diego County:
- Carmel Valley
- Solana Beach
- Torrey Hills
- Del Mar
- Rancho Santa Fe
These are the communities that Torrey Pines High School is serving.
Torrey Pines High School Ranking & Rating
- One of the 100 Best High Schools in the Nation; Newsweek Magazine, 2005.
- Torrey Pines High is a three-time California Distinguished School and National Blue Ribbon School
- The school was ranked #43 in California in 2016.
- In 2013, seniors of the TPHS scored an average of 1860 on the SAT I, with 41 and 31 of them being acknowledged as National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists and Finalists respectively.
- National Society of High School Scholars gave the Claes Nobel School of Distinction Award in December 2016
- In 2007, Torrey Pines had students designated AP Scholars by the College Board. Torrey Pines is recognized for its many AP advanced students.
- 72% of seniors took at least one AP exam during high school days, with 5.1 being the average of exams taken per test taker. AP exams taken passers are 84%; school year 2013-2014
There are tutoring centers in Torrey Pines campus which supported the success of their students. They have TPHS Foundation, 150 extracurricular student clubs and more than 300 parent volunteers. Students earn top honors consistently at academic competitions. They earned a gold medal at the International Physics Olympiad, drama and video film events, the national journalism convention and the San Diego Science Fair.
Torrey Pines High School offer a comprehensive Division I interscholastic athletics program with twenty-six varsity-level sports. TPHS gained 151 CIF championships since 1974 which is more than any other high school in the county.