San Diego Zoo
San Diego Zoo
2929 Zoo Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
The 100-acre (40-hectare) Zoo is home to more than 3,500 rare and endangered animals representing more than 650 species and subspecies, and a prominent botanical collection with more than 700,000 exotic plants. It is located just north of downtown San Diego in Balboa Park.
Open every day of the year, including all holidays.
9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Things To Do
- Take the Guided Bus Tour first thing in the morning and then set out for your desired destinations.
- Check out the Pandas.
- View the polar bears is the underwater viewing room.
- Get across the park through Skyfari Aerial Tram.
- Never miss San Diego Zoo's newest exhibit, Conrad Prebys Australian Outback, known more affectionately as Koalifornia.
- Inside the Odyssey, you'll find the Elephant Care Center, where you can watch zoo keepers providing routine care to the animals. After you visit the care center, let the kids burn off some energy in the Elephant Play Area, which features a maze, play fossil dig and puzzles.
- Feed the giraffes.
- Nestled inside this lush, African rain forest, you'll find more than 130 African native birds representing 35 different species inside this 80-foot-tall aviary.
- Get ready to go nose to nose with the playful orangutans.
Learn more at https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/not-to-miss-san-diego-zoo-exhibits/